A day alone

Today is Andrew’s first day as an official member of AIM Branson!  Jessica and Josiah are on the SALT team and left the house before 8:30, but the rest of the team didn’t have to be there till 9:30, so Andrew was able to get in his piano practice before I took him.

Arriving home at 9:45 AM to an empty house, I took a deep breath and started in on the day’s tasks.  As usual, I had planned to accomplish much more than has actually happened.  It’s 5:30 PM now and I don’t have much to show for my day, but it’s been quiet and that is very soothing to me.

I spent almost thirty minutes trying to figure out how to watch the Olympics that our fancy-schmancy TV has been recording for the past few days.  I emptied the dishwasher and did the breakfast cleanup (which was uncommonly involved because not only had everyone eaten breakfast and left everything right where s/he used it, several folks had also made themselves lunches and left all that additional stuff artfully strewn about).  I got all the adult laundry washed, (but I still need to go fold it).  I spent several hours making a double batch of white chili, part of which we will eat for supper tonight.  I talked on the phone for a while with a friend who is going through a tough time at work.  I watched some of the Olympics.  I transferred various collections of information to my calendar for February, March, April, and June.    I read some magazine articles, recorded the books Andrew read yesterday, and practiced the piano for 75 minutes.  I dealt with two days’ mail, including entering into our ski trip spreadsheet a bill for the MRI of Scott’s knee and trying unsuccessfully to figure out what to do with two mysterious pieces of paper that came from Colorado Imaging Associates.  I answered some emails that have been sitting in my inbox.  I chatted with Scott about my day and his and about Josiah’s birthday (which occurred yesterday but hasn’t yet been celebrated).

Now I’m going to go down and fold laundry while watching a few more Olympics.The kids and I have to sneak those in when Scott’s not around.  For some reason, he is not too keen on the Olympics and doesn’t seem to like for us to watch them.  Scott and the kids will all be home between 6:00 and 7:00 PM, and they will undoubtedly ask me how my day went and what all I got done.  I will send them to my blog.


0 Responses to “A day alone”

  1. Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s



%d bloggers like this: